Tuesday, July 6, 2010

All Walled Up

I am at a dilema. After over a year and a half in my townhome, it is time to get something on my walls and I am stumped. When it comes to positioning anything on a wall I get nervous and even more so when that wall is painted and I have no touch up paint left over! I am the kind of person who will move an object back and forth a million times until it is just right. You don't really have that option after drilling a hole big enough for a wall anchor.





With an idea in mind, I set out to find something that matched what I was imaginig for my brightly colored sun room. The goal was sturdy, but sleek, simple black picture frames (preferrably matted) that were reasonably priced. By reasonabaly priced, I mean cheap. I am a bargain hunter, what can I say? Originally, I was thinking 11x14s, but as I perused the aisles of Michael's I came across something a bit more unique and cost only $10 a pop: 10x10s matted for 5x5s. Even better, the Home Gallery section was 50% off. Score! At $5 each you betcha I scooped up the last six in the store. Isn't shopping fun when you actually find things you want to buy????


Now for the dilema. Would my imagination look as good in reality as it did in my head? Eep! I can't drill or hammer anything yet!





As many of you know, I tend to snatch my mom's Better Homes and Garden magazine when she and my sister have finished reading it and Val has cut out all the recipes. I also tend to waste my money by purchasing all their special publications rather than subscribing and saving a butt load of dough, but that is another story. Anway, one piece of advice that tends to be recycled over the years is to make paper cut-outs of the shapes of the frames or artwork you want to arrange on your wall. Not completely economical when your frames don't fit within the parameters of the standard 8.5x11 sheet of paper, but not too costly if a) you know where to shop and b) you don't want to ruin your walls.


Good thing I did the cut out thing, because my original idea of a row of three frames on either side of the mirror just isn't jiving for me. Hmph.












Now to figure out whether I can work out something nice with the frames I already have, or if I need to return them and find something else. Wish me luck!




0 comments:

Post a Comment